18-time CUFLA champion Brock Badgers had what might have been their toughest test of this season last weekend. Facing their northern rival Laurentian twice on the St. Catherines campus, Brock needed a late rally to win 11-8 on Saturday. Head Coach Justin Kennedy was thrilled for his team in the win saying, “…”
Brandon Slade scored a pair of goals and assisted on six others for an eight-point game. Slade now leads all CUFLA scorers with 21 goals and 25 assists.
Brock (9-0) cruised to a 14-5 victory in the rematch on Sunday. The win moved the Badgers within a game of clinching another West Division crown and a top-seed for the upcoming Baggataway Cup playoffs.
Week 7 has 11 league games on the calendar beginning on Thursday night. East Division champs McGill (10-0) will travel to west Montreal to face Concordia before playing a pair of exhibitions on the weekend in the United States.
The Redmen will first face NCAA Division III SUNY-Plattsburgh on Saturday before traveling to play first-year NCAA Division I program UMass-Lowell on Sunday.
Week 7 Schedule
Thursday, Oct. 16
- McGill at Concordia, 9:00 PM
Friday, Oct. 17
- Trent at Queen’s, 6:30 PM
- Guelph at McMaster, 7:30 PM
- Nipissing at Toronto, 8:00 PM
Saturday, Oct. 18
- Toronto at Brock, 2:00 PM
- McGill at SUNY-Plattsburgh (NCAA Division III), 3:00 PM
- Trent at Ottawa, 6:00 PM
- Laurentian at Western, 7:00 PM
Sunday, Oct. 19
- Concordia at McMaster, 1:00 PM
- Laurentian at Guelph, 1:00 PM
- McMaster at Laurier, 1:00 PM
- Ottawa at Carleton, 3:00 PM
- McGill at UMass-Lowell (NCAA Division I), 6:15 PM
Week 6 Results
- Brock (11) at McMaster (3)
- McMaster (6) at Guelph (16)
- Laurier (1) at Western (16)
- Toronto (14) at Laurier (3)
- Laurentian (8) at Brock (11)
- Laurentian (5) at Brock (14)
- Bishop’s at Concordia